Which personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information from you when you visit our pages or use our services. This includes the following information:
- Information about registration and use – When you register to use our services by creating an account, we collect the personal information necessary to provide the services you request. Depending on the services you select, you may need to provide your name, address, phone number, email address, and other identifying information to help you set up an account. If necessary, we ask you to provide us with additional personal information when you use our services.
- Data collected as part of the operation of our Services – In order to provide the service you request, we collect and store a range of data, including device information, technical usage data, location data, error logs and data, from the computers you monitor with O&O Syspectr and server.
- Other information we collect when you use our websites or services – We may collect additional information from you or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams, or participate in a survey. Anonymized data about your computer hardware and software will also be automatically collected by O&O and may be shared with other websites within O&O’s websites. This data may include the following information: your country of origin, your language preference, browser type, domain name, access time and corresponding website addresses. These data are used by O&O to operate the Websites, to maintain the quality and to compile general statistics on the use of the O&O Websites.
Data collected on O&O websites or services will be passed on within O&O, its subsidiaries and subcompanies.
O&O recommends that you read the data protection guarantees of websites reachable by links from O&O in order that you understand how these websites collect, use and distribute data. O&O is not responsible for the content and data protection guarantees of websites outside the O&O websites.
Why do we store personal information?
We retain personal information in an identifiable format for as long as required by law or regulation, or as needed for our business purposes. We retain personal information for longer periods of time than is legally required if it is in our legitimate business interests and is not prohibited by law. When your account is closed, we may take steps to mask personal information and other information, but we reserve the right to retain and access the information for as long as required by applicable law.
Use of your personal data
O&O and its service partners collect your personal data and use the information for the maintenance of the O&O websites and also to carry out the services you ask for. O&O will if necessary, transfer personal information to other service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf and on our behalf. These service providers, for example, provide services to you, verify your identity, assist us in processing transactions, promote you to our products and services, or provide you with customer support.
With your permission, O&O Sites use your personally identifiable information to inform you about any products or services available from O&O. O&O may also contact you with surveys to ask for your opinion about current services / products and potential new services / products that may be offered.
O&O does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. O&O may contact you from to time to time on behalf of external business partners in order to draw your attention to special offers that might interest you. In such cases, your personal identifying data (email address, name, postal address, telephone number) will not be passed on to third parties.
You can withdraw your agreement at any time.
O&O does not use any sensitive personal data such as religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation.
For business reasons, we may disclose information about you to third parties, or if the disclosure is permitted or required by law. This applies in the following cases:
- If we are required to comply with any law, regulation or regulation,
- to law enforcement agencies, other government officials or other third parties as a result of a subpoena, court order or other legal process or request, if it affects O&O Software or the O&O Group,
- when we believe, at its sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or to assist in investigating possible or actual illegal activity;
- to investigate any violations of the User Agreement or other legal provisions applicable to our Services or to enforce these legal instruments;
- to protect our assets, services and rights;
- related to shipping services and similar services.
In addition, O&O can share aggregate statistics with third parties, as well as with other companies and the public. These data are not personally identifiable and do not contain information about your use of the sites or services. We will not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing activities without your consent.
This website uses Matomo, an open source software for the statistical analysis of visitor access. Matomo uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is stored on the server of the provider in Germany. The IP address is anonymized immediately after processing and prior to its storage. You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; However, please be aware that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website, if at all.
Copilot feature in O&O Syspectr
Our O&O Syspectr feature Copilot (Beta), at no point, sends any kind of personal data to OpenAI, ensuring your information remains private and secure.
Many O&O websites use “cookies” to help you personalize the website. A cookie is a text file which is copied from a web server onto your hard disk. Cookies are expressly given to you and can be read only by a web server in the same domain as the one that gave you the cookie.
The primary function of cookies is as a time-saving feature. The function of a cookie is to let the web server know that you are returning to the site; for example, if you personalize an O&O website or register yourself for O&O website or services, a cookie helps O&O to call up your specific information for later visits. This simplifies the recording of your personal information such as billing address, delivery address, and so on. If you return to the same O&O website, the previously recorded data can be called up again so you can easily use the O&O features relevant to yourself.
You have several options for managing your cookie settings. Depending on your browser or Internet device, you may delete, disable, or block certain cookies or tracking technologies. For more information, visit AboutCookies.org. You can enable these options; however, you may not be able to use many of the basic features of a service or website.
Use of Facebook Plug-ins
These internet pages use Plug-Ins from the social network facebook.com. These Plug-Ins are operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”).
If you access our internet presence through internet sites containing such Plug-Ins, a connection to the Facebook Servers is first made when you actively click on the Facebook symbol. This is how the Facebook servers are informed which of our internet pages you have visited. If you are logged in as a member of Facebook at this time, Facebook assigns this information to your personal Facebook account. When using the Plug-In functions (such as clicking on the “Like” button, or entering a comment) this information is also assigned to your Facebook account, which you can only avoid by logging out of Facebook before using the Plug-Ins.
Further information on the collection and use of data by Facebook, and about your rights in this respect and how to protect your privacy, can be found in the privacy pages of Facebook.
Security of your personal data
O&O protects your personal data from unauthorized access, use and distribution. O&O secures the personal identifying data which you make available to the server to prevent unauthorized access, use and distribution. If personal data, for example a credit card number, are transferred to other websites, these data are protected by the use of encoding e.g. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). We are committed to securing our systems and services. However, you are responsible for the security and confidentiality of your passwords and your account profile or registration information. In addition, it is your responsibility to verify that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date.
Which rights do you have?
You have a right to access, rectify, restrict, object, delete and transfer your personal data. Please contact us if you would like to exercise these rights. If you have an account with one of our services, you can usually review and edit personal information in that account by logging in and updating the information directly.
Changes to this document
O&O will occasionally update this data protection guarantee in order to take account of feedback from firms and customers. O&O recommends that you regularly check this document so that you are kept informed of O&O’s data protection.
Your comments on the data protection guarantee are welcomed by O&O. If you consider that O&O have not kept to the terms of this document, please send an email to O&O. We will, as far as is commercially feasible, attempt to pass on and solve any problems.