Identifying Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities
In response to the possible vulnerability of nearly all IT systems worldwide to Meltdown and Spectre attack scenarios, we’ve extended O&O Syspectr to identify afflicted computers. This extension is based on Microsoft guidelines for identifying such problems on current Windows systems: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4072698.
- New: Expansion of the “Windows Security” module to include the following features (*)
- Checking hardware to see how current its firmware is
- Expanded verification of Windows-Updates to see how up to date they are
- Verification of configured Windows settings
- Various minor bug fixes and customizations (such as correction of spelling errors)
If one of these features reports a problem, it could mean that the system in question is experiencing an attack as a result of Meltdown and/or Spectre. This being the case, you should contact your hardware supplier to obtain the necessary updates.
(*) Note: This feature must be actively enabled by the user because it is not enabled by default.